Thoughts From Serenity

Thursday, March 15, 2007

St.Patty's Day

Yea....we are going on a short "road-trip" for St. Patty's Day! I am sooooooooo excited!
Now,mind you, this is not exactly a "rockin-n-rolling" weekend!! But will very special to me.
First of all....(anyone who is reading this already knows this) the 17th is my birthday and St. Patrick's Day always bring a flood of wonderful wonderful birthday's gone by (l-o-n-g gone by and many many of them! Not to say I am ancient yet, but getting dang close!
Second it is just wonderful to get to go anywhere with my wonderful husband! Since cancer hit him two years ago, some of our trips have had to put on hold. Anyway, today the doctor said that we will just continue with Rituxan and Prednisone next week and then two weeks after that and then see how things are going! FINE by me....that means no bad chemo right now anyway. The kidney doc said he is doing pretty good....creatinine level down to 3.6 (never will be normal again he says) and we hope to get it down even further - well, we can hope anyway. So...we have a few days or weeks to catch our breath.
So...Dave has been wanting to go on a "spiritual-healing-retreat" and asked if it was okay to celebrate St. Patty's Day "spiritually" this year! So...off we go. It sounds peaceful, prayerful, quiet and some great music and spiritual directors too. Small group they say. It is in Vandalia, IL. Yep, a little bit of a drive, but in Miss Jade (my new little Yaris, toyota) it will be nice!
Also, Dave got reservations in a little bed-n-breakfast spot.....(another new adventure for us) and Dave already likes the lady who owns it! So...again...off we go. We are so grateful to be able to make a nice trip together.
I was thinking this morning as I was driving us back from the doctors office, just how different it is to live ....REALLY LIVE...ONE-DAY-AT-A-Time. So easy to say it.....so different to actually live that way. And is so many ways, it is very peaceful to live that way! No long distance plans, and no worrying about the future whether that is next year, next month, next week...or...tomorrow. Just wake up...be thankful that we can look at each other when we do wake up....and then just tackle that day...alone. I get into "AWFULLIZING" sometimes...more often than Dave does...but I do try to keep my focus SHORT!!
Well that's it for now. I was amazed that I could get back into this!! Thanks to a friend of Stacey's for sending me a birthday wish!!! THAT was AWESOME....THANKS A LOT!! I just Love Stacey's friends!! They really "rock" !! :) :) I love Stacey too!!! She is certainly my most precious gift.
Bye for now! This is fun....I may acutally try it again sometime!
Peace - from Serenity!
Oh yes....may even sneak out for a little "green-beer" !!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home