Thoughts From Serenity

Monday, February 12, 2007

Boy, do I need help

I have been trying for about 4 days now to work on this Blog. I would like to enter some thoughts, but couldn't even find the "dashboard" until now! I finally went to Blogger help and at leat got this far. I would like to change my personal page picture and be able up upload pictures that I have taken with my camera that are in my computer. But I am a long way from being able to do that I think. I must just be a little brain dead. My heart and head are not working together these days. Dave has been sick and literally in bed most of each day now for the last week. We went to the cancer doctor last week and he cannot have any chemo until they get the kidneys fixed which means he has to have radiation first to shrink the tumor and/or tumors that are causing the blockage of the kidneys. He is nausious all the time, has a horrible sore throat - can't talk and can't hardly swallow. Not sure if it is infection or the cancer tumors growing. I can see the tumors in his jaws and under his chin. He will have to have 25 days of radiation before they can get back to chemo to shrink the tumors in his face. I sometimes wonder just how long he really has and how sick he is really going to be before this thing takes him out. He is pretty cranky these last few days because he feels just awful. He sleeps most of the time, but does get up and work at his computer and comes downstairs to try to eat...although nothing sounds good and it is hard for him to swallow. I am just hoping it is an infection and this ammoxicillan will wipe it out. Only has one more pill for tomorrow and he doesn't seem any better yet. Of course, we are expecting from 10 to 15 inches of snow tomorrow and Wednesday! And Wednesday is supposidly when we go to Lafayette for radiation. Not going to happen if this blizzard happens because our roads get so much wind blowing across that they become a whiteout.
Well...I have at least posted something! Even if it isn't good thoughts. Hope I can log in again some other time. I tried to do the switch to the Google account, but I don't think it worked. I think I am too old, too tired and too dense to learn this new stuff.
Enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home